pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on II
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:09:10 +0000

Aloha,

Now it seems that we have achieved consensus on 2 proposals (after we couldn't
even achieve consensus on 1, now we have 2?!):

If you're agreeing that we did in fact have consensus on this:

1-start with ZOPE on Arashi, and move onto Ibiblio when feasible

Then that happened before this was ever raised:

2-start with Chad's proposed platform on Ibiblio, and perhaps switch over to
ZOPE someday

So IMO end of story, we reached consensus on Zope/Arashi ----> eventual ibiblio and let's get on with it.

I assume Chad's making his second proposal was based on either:

1) nobody yet having pointed out that we in fact had consensus on his prior proposal, or

2) that we were in fact not using "real" consensus so no decision had been reached yet and another proposal was in his opinion needed.