pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[13][8.22.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[13][8.22.04]
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:31:35 -0700

Scott Pittman wrote:

I will talk to the PCU today but I know that they will want any loan collateralized and that can't be with the computer that we give IBIB.
I will talk with some of my donors from past and see if it is possible to get them to donate funds. In the meantime Stephanie I should talk with you about some organizations you could write for grant money. This shouldn't take too long and in the mean time the data base should be developed. It will be much easier to raise money for hardware once we can tell potential donors that we have the database and are ready to rock and roll.

So let's got for it, the hard ware issue is not an issue, it will happen!!!

I just sent Fred at ibiblio a request for a final quote on the Zope machine.
I also asked for a separate quote for the extra chassis with hard drives for
additional data storage space which would be attached to the Zope server.
This may be too expensive to consider at this time but I thought I'd ask the
price on it anyway for future reference.

Maybe if the 5K$$ can be found for the server I will buy the attached HD
chassis if it
is within range for me. Of course if grants can be procured for this chassis
also all the better.
I'll post both quotes as soon as I hear back from Fred.