nafex - Re: [NAFEX] goumi and other minor fruits

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] goumi and other minor fruits
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 21:02:34 -0700 (PDT)

I grew goumi here in zone 5 for several years before losing the tree to a
late spring freeze after it had leafed out.  My attempts to purchase an
additional goumi from multiple vendors in the Pacific NW all resulted in
being sent Autumn Olive trees mis-identified as goumi.  I have given up for
the moment, although I did enjoy the fruit from the original tree.

John