nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees

  • From: "Ginda Fisher" <list@ginda.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:11:36 -0400

Rabbit is a pleasant, mild-flavored meat that you can pass off as chicken if
your guests aren't paying too much attention to the flavor. But I doubt I
could trap enough to prevent damage.

Or maybe I could. Last year we had an extraodinary abundance of
rabbits--everyone commented on it--and then we had an extraordinary volume of
snow. Maybe, had the population been normal, they wouldn't have eaten my
trees. I guess we will never know.

Re the trees: I don't know if it was clear from my initial post, but the
bottom half or 2/3 of every branch is undamaged. I expect the branches will
survive a year or two with no surgery. I was just wondering if they might
heal long term, or if I need to start trying to replace them now.

-- GindaOn Apr 11, 2011 7:30 AM, Amelia Hayner &lt;abhayner@gmail.com&gt;