nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees

  • From: Amelia Hayner <abhayner@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 20:19:10 -0400

Hi Ginda
he is right, that does work- speaking from experience with goat/sheep
partially girdling branches. Most of the time, LOTS of new growths spring up
around the wounds. you can just pick what you want, pull the rest off-
basically, this is just first aid, until you can get your next set of
scaffolding branches up and going- cause under the weight of fruit, it will
tend to snap at the weak place.
Amy