nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Small Fruit Sales?

  • From: "Scott Weber and Muffy Barrett" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Small Fruit Sales?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 03:54:55 GMT

Evan,I don't know how cheap you are looking at, but you might try the
Hartmann Plant Company's wholesale catalog (available on line). You can
order individual plants of different varieties as long as your order totals
100 plants. I just bought 200 blueberries from them; the "1" tissue cultured
plugs" were 3 to 5" tall, well rooted, (not bare-root) and only cost $1.35
each as I recall...and the next size up was large enough to plant out, for
not much more money. They mostly do blueberries, but do sell some other
things, too. Their kiwis were not nearly as impressive, in fact they were
downright tiny but that's okay since I figured I'd be growing them on for a
year before setting them out anyway. They were backordered on the bush
cherries so I can't tell you how large or small they were.Muffy Barrett