nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:31:46 -0400

I agree with Betsy.
See this picture of the trunk of a young apple tree of mine that was badly
damages by voles. There was a spiral protector but I probably didn't
install it tight enough and the the small beasts ate along the spiral. The
picture was taken 2 years ago (and 2 years after damage occured). Last fall
the tree gave me a beautiful crop...
http://tinyurl.com/362vwrj

Claude