nafex - Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] rabbit damage to apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:52:57 -0400

In my experience, apples are among the most vigorous of my fruit trees. I have some experience with large wounds on apple trunks.

On 2 inch caliper trunks, two of my trees had wounds at least 3/4 of the diameter of the trunk. I wanted the trees, so I watched and waited. Three years later, they are 100 healed. The trees are bearing well.

If the branches are valuable to you, you may wish to wait and see.

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC