nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 21:21:38 -0500

On 2/4/2011 8:54 PM, Ginda Fisher wrote:

On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Is this part necessary - just adds to length of post. You _can't_ post to the
list w/o being subscribed anyway.

I don't feel strongly about this, but many similar mailing lists allowed
posts from unsubscribed posters to be reviewed by a moderator and released if
the moderator deems them appropriate.

I don't know of any lists that allow this. In this day and time we would be wide open to spammers and hackers if non members were allowed to post and if based on approval would be a huge can of worms and tireless job for the person who volunteered to review such posts before allowing them into the list. Also we might be open for viral file attachments.

Please do not send binary files.
Use plain text ONLY in emails!

All file attachments _are_ stripped automatically from each post therefore it
is important to send your messages inline and not as attachments. If you send
them composed in html such formatting will
be ignored and they will appear in plain text.

I get lots of posts in HTML, and have received attached photos. So what it
says is correct.

But perhaps you are suggesting a change? I confess, I like most of the
photos I get, but I have a fast internet connection.

I failed to notice that attachments are not scrubbed in the list config. I have made the following changes:

These attachments are allowed:
==============================
Remove message attachments that have a matching content type.
(Details for filter_mime_types)

image/gif
image/jpeg
image/jpg
image/jpef
image/bmp
image/png
image

Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type. Leave this field blank to skip this filter test.
(Details for pass_mime_types

multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

The attachments will be removed automatically.
If anyone gets any files of this sort please let me know so I can fix the problem:
Remove message attachments that have a matching filename extension.
(Edit filter_filename_extensions)

exe
bat
cmd