nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Time for list message footer update...
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:54:29 -0500

On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

>> **YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
>> No exceptions.
>
> Is this part necessary - just adds to length of post. You _can't_ post to
> the list w/o being subscribed anyway.
I don't feel strongly about this, but many similar mailing lists allowed
posts from unsubscribed posters to be reviewed by a moderator and released if
the moderator deems them appropriate.

>> Please do not send binary files.
>> Use plain text ONLY in emails!
>
> All file attachments _are_ stripped automatically from each post therefore
> it is important to send your messages inline and not as attachments. If you
> send them composed in html such formatting will
> be ignored and they will appear in plain text.

I get lots of posts in HTML, and have received attached photos. So what it
says is correct.

But perhaps you are suggesting a change? I confess, I like most of the
photos I get, but I have a fast internet connection.

Ginda