nafex - Re: [NAFEX] stump dissolver

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] stump dissolver
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 23:24:29 -0500

I have successfully used fulll strength or 50% glyphosate applied to the stub within two minutes of cutting, to kill Manitoba maple (box-elder).

A biochemist internet acquaintance has recommended from his experience, a mixture of petroleum jelly with 10% diesel fuel, again applied to cut stubs to kill live plants.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada