nafex - Re: [NAFEX] training mulberries

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] training mulberries
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:46:02 -0500

Is Gerardi own-rooted or grafted?

The one I got (from Edible Landscaping) was grafted,... unfortunately. When the top died over the first winter, it started sending up vigorous shoots from the roots. But that was a white mulberry of some type, if I remember correctly. And definitely not a dwarf.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary, patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer, I beg to submit that it is the first. - Ambrose Bierce