nafex - Re: [NAFEX] training mulberries

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] training mulberries
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:32:20 -0500

Richard Harrison wrote:
Mulberries root very easily for me from dormant
hardwood cuttings.

Richard, would you care to relate your procedure?
I've had minimal success rooting dormant-collected
cuttings - though I would have anticipated them to be
similar to their 'cousin' the fig, in ease of rooting.
I will say, though, that I've not done much more than
dip the base of end-of-the-season unused scionwood in
rooting hormone and stuck them in soilless potting
mix, with not much aftercare or attention.

Thanks,
Lucky