nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 08:44:46 -0800

The amount of contamination you found doesn't surprise me. It's amazing how many ways nursery stock can become mislabeled. Primocane berries being allowed to fruit and drop seeds in the nursery, canes layering themselves across rows, workers that can't read, sloppy planting/harvesting, deliberate mislabeling to fill orders, etc.
-Lon Rombough
Grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/