nafex - Re: [NAFEX] carmine jewel

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] carmine jewel
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:02:49 -0500

Ernest, little plants still need strong protection and careful packing. Believe me, I once worked as a mail handler.

Also, while I don't know about the U.S. post office there is an almost sadistic quality to Canada Post's rate schedule for small parcels.

Years ago, plant shipments from nurseries got, informally, extra care from Canada Post. That was a hangover from the days when the interests of rural people got special consideration from politicians. No longer.

Bill MacKentley has been in business for a long time and I guess he means to stay in business. Fair enough, I say.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Ernest Plutko wrote:
I started ordering two Carmine Jewel cherries from St Lawrence
Nursery until I discovered the $16.50 mailing charge. $16.50 for two
six inch plants?