nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Carmine Jewel
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:16:18 -0800 (PST)

Carmine Jewel is propagated vegetatively. It's extremely unlikely that it
would breed true from seed. You're free to plant seeds from it, since you
might get something worth growing, but the seedlings won't be Carmine Jewel.

I ordered a real Carmine Jewel from St. Lawrence Nurseries this spring. They
say they have only a few left:
http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us/bcherries.html

Melissa