nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OFF TOPIC posts and consequences

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OFF TOPIC posts and consequences
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:19:20 -0400

Richard Harrison wrote:

I think man-made GW won't affect fruit growing real soon----or maybe not at all. But politics(Food Safety Laws, actually) CAN affect NAFEX'ers who sell their fruit, unfortunately, _very quickly_. I know MOST NAFEX'ers don't sell fruit commercially, but some do. It can also affect how we buy the fruit we don't grow ourselves and what might be available to buy. But, again, these things can be taken off-forum after an intial OT post.

As far as I am concerned this is the final word on HR2749/S510:
If you're selling raw fruit or vegetables direct, nothing will be changed for
you;
if you create any processed products with your produce you're subject to the
usual
state and county inspections.