nafex - [NAFEX] Pluots and plumcots

  • From: Martha Davis <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pluots and plumcots
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:00:56 -0600

        " And while I'm at it, does anyone know of work to breed hardy plumcots?  Most plumcots and their descendants seem to be from California work, but there's no reason there couldn't be crosses between much hardier plums and apricots.  Perhaps at some northern breeding program."
-Lon Rombough

There has been some work resulting in numbered selections at the New Jersey breeding program.  Some of these are at the Davis germplasm repository.  I don't know how good they are, but I am testing one or two here.

Martha