nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Eggplants are fruit! - OT flea beetle resistance

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Eggplants are fruit! - OT flea beetle resistance
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:19:19 -0500

Wow, flea beetles are my most serious problem with eggplant, so I'll have to try it. Are you sure it's the variety and not some other variable, ie, did you have another variety that was attacked as usual? The only reason I didn't give up on eggplant completely years ago is that I occasionally meet people here who grow it without spraying. An Italian woman told me it likes sandy soil, which explains why my mom in Fla ran out of people to give eggplant to. Adding sand has helped. Donna