nafex - [NAFEX] OT Please CEASE global warming thread

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] OT Please CEASE global warming thread
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 09:45:38 -0500

Don’t know if I’m a troublemaker or not, but the topic comes up on other lists I subscribe to, including management-intensive grazing and beef-production lists, and there’s division of opinions/allegiances there, too.  It doesn’t bother me one bit, and the threads usually surface during ‘slow’ periods, when there’s not much else to discuss.

If you don’t want to read ‘em, the ‘delete’ key is there for a purpose, and it’s pretty simple to use.

Yes, there are at least two sides to the ‘global warming/climate change’ situation, and no, the debate is not over.  It’s definitely a politicized issue, and despite some allegations, it’s not science vs. religion; questionable and refutable factoids abound on both sides .  I’m all about wise use of resources and diminishing or eliminating waste and pollution, but I’m vehemently opposed to political power-grabs and control of every aspect of our lives based on ‘the sky is falling’ scare tactics

Lucky