nafex - [NAFEX] OFF TOPIC posts and consequences

  • From: NAFEX <nafex.list@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] OFF TOPIC posts and consequences
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:13:25 -0700

On 8/22/2009 Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

politics, global warming and many other obvious forum distractions are way OFF TOPIC here those continuing those threads will 1) be
warned 2) be temporarily suspended 3) permanently locked out of the
list

I agree wholeheartedly. I've had my hands full lately and Lawrence graciously offered to help out administering the list.

One other suggestion: if someone sends a request to unsubscribe (or other administrative request) to the list as a whole, consider that they MIGHT be someone who knows MUCH MORE about fruit than they do about the finer points of computers and email lists. (It doesn't do much good to have the list populated with the reverse combination.)

Accordingly, replying to the list about "how could you get this wrong", etc. is not constructive, wastes bandwith, and prompts those with expertise to quit. (For what it's worth, I've had several requests for assists to unsubscribe--LONG time NAFEX members. Buh-bye experience!)

sincerely,

Greg Miller
List co-admin