nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple pressing-hydraulic jack

  • From: hans brinkmann <hans-brinkmann@t-online.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple pressing-hydraulic jack
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 11:56:57 +0100

Hallo Mark,

to hang a small hydraulic jack upside down is not possible - with German jacks. The reason is really the oil reservoir.
But very often I saw wonderful alternatives: Even the smallest car-repair shop has a jack to press out/in e.g. ball bearings ...
The unit has a pressure from 5 to 10 tons, a height from approx. 2 m and a width between the two perpendicular poles or approx. 1 m.
The the most advantage is the foot AND handoperated hydraulic pump(what ever you like) at the right side.
It could be very good to find such a used press... almost nothing must be changed.

ciao
hans

Mark Angermayer schrieb:
I had a question regarding hydraulic jacks. Has anyone ever tried to hang one of these upside down? Do they still work? I've never torn one apart to see exactly how they work. If they have an oil resevior in the bottom, the pump may not pick up the oil, if the jack is upside down. Can anyone offer any council?
Mark
KS

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----