nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmons... where are you growing them?

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmons... where are you growing them?
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 22:38:56 -0400

Rosholdt wrote:

Excuse me, but the name is, after all, Diospyros _virginiana_. Did you think maybe they might be growing in Virginia? Didn't see it on the list.
Well they are, wild and cultivated. And they were in Ohio, too.

Barbara Rosholdt

<blush> - that shows what happens when I get in a hurry to post! Not only do I know it...I'm a native Virginian! Sigh...I have to proof a little more closely, eh? I'm looking at the map I created (which lists VA) and shaking my head. <grin>

Thanks for the note though. I did have Ohio written on the list though.