nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

  • From: Robert Mullins <mullins@gaelicmysts.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:12:41 -0600

Amen brother, hopefully 'Roads End' is reading this as well.

-rob

rooting wrote:
Having read several comments about the listserver which NAFEX uses, the current technology used by NAFEX is antique. The most groups do not use e-mail for delivery. Rather they have a current flow of information by topic using a board typically used by blogs.
Off topic, I have contributed to and frequently visit the mandolincafe
http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi
Mandolincafe is a specialty 'group' of people interested in playing the mandolin. Soon they will have their 500,000th posting.
I suggest that the NAFEX webmaster(s) take a look at Mandolincafe which uses a free program from
http://www.ikonboard.com/
This program can be used on the http://nafex.org <http://nafex.org/> server

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----