nafex - Re: [NAFEX] more E.coli

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] more E.coli
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:36:05 -0600

Karen,

We use a flash pasteurizer where the cider is heated rapidly to 160 degrees for approx. 6 seconds and then rapidly cooled.  For a good overview of what we do you can go to http://www.windyhillorchard.com/everythingapples/article.htm.  The pasteurizer we use is at http://www.goodnature.com/Juice_Equipment/Juice_Pasteurizers/models.php.