nafex - Re: [NAFEX] food prices, was "NNGA membership declines"

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] food prices, was "NNGA membership declines"
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 07:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

Even in California it depends on which market you go
to. If you go the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market in San
Francisco, which is frequented by tourists, you will
find very expensive prices. But if you drive across
the Bay to the Old Oakland Farmers Markets you find
lots of Asian immigrants buying their groceries and
few tourists and prices are much lower. In most if not
all of the larger cities in Caliofrnia there are both
expensive farmers markets and cheaper farmers markets.

--- tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stephen, "LESS expensive produce"?! Years ago I had
> to stop shopping at the
> farmers' market because the prices were going so
> high! Maybe things are different
> in WI than CA, or maybe I should compare prices
> again.
>
> The puzzle I see is, most of what I'd buy at
> farmers' mkt I can probably grow too,
> depending on the time I have (when there's no
> paying-work is when more food needs to
> be grown!) But the stuff grown in longer climates,
> available at grocery stores, I
> think the quality is reducing every year!

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.