nafex - [NAFEX] Blueberry Question

  • From: "Pete" <ruger4570@bellsouth.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:16:02 -0500

I am curious about the difference between the rabbiteye blueberries of the South and the blueberries of the North (Highbush, I think). I live in south-central MS (Poplarville) and the berries here get big as a small marble and are quite good. Has anyone eaten these and the Northern ones and will they tell if the taste is different...and how??? We have just finished the Blueberry Jamboree here on Sat..... the berries are celebrated here as lots of people grow them and they do very well in the area.
Our ground is very clayey and hi acid.
Thanks
Pete Z8 South MS