nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question, Centurion source

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question, Centurion source
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:55:38 -0700

A great place for information is http://www.fallcreeknursery.com/ They are wholesale only, but get a catalog just for the information. They have more blueberries than any one nursery around.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For growing supplies and more; http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com

On Jun 12, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov wrote:

I have purchased all my blueberries (and my bluebird houses!) from Finch
Blueberry nursery down east in NC over the past 7 years.

They scared me this past spring (2007) as I received 6 plants loosely
wrapped in newspaper in a box. The bare roots looked and felt dry. I
called immediately thinking that they had some new slack helpers at the
packing shed. I was told that they switched to a new terrasorb (I think
that was the name) dip for the roots. The substance apparently dries on
the roots to prevent desiccation during transit. They assured me that
they would replace them if I had any problems. No need; I planted the
bushes and they have all leafed out beautifully and are healthy.

Just a heads up on the packing so that no one else gets such a
surprise...

http://www.danfinch.com/zone6-9.htm

Betsy Hilborn
7a NC