nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:14:36 -0400

I agree with Stephen's assessment of the flavor being a function of
variety. May I mention that I particularly enjoy 2 varieties that have
recently started fruiting for me: Sampson, a southern highbush with
large, firm sweet berries (ripening now!). Centurion- a rabbiteye that
I am planting everywhere I have room and recommending to friends- a
large, sweet berry with a complex flavor, very different than the
sweet/acid flavor of most of my other rabbiteyes.

Betsy Hilborn
NC 7a