nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberry Question
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:44:11 -0500

At 02:01 PM 6/12/2007, Stephen wrote:

I've grown both, too. I think the sweetness, and all flavor
characteristics, are more a function of variety than rabbiteye-vs-northern.
Some growers could exclude rabbiteye because of their size

Good points. I'd thought variety might have more bearing on flavor/sweetness than type.
Size might be a consideration for some folks - some of the rabbiteye types get pretty large; some of my dad's plants almost require a ladder to pick clusters in the top of the bush - some are easily 8+ ft tall and the clumps may well be 8-10 ft wide

Lucky