nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Centennials / apple pressing

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Centennials / apple pressing
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:47:47 -0500

Howdy,

Your arm sorta does get tired turning the flywheel--but nothing like your
back does from bending, stooping and lifting. Exercise. If you lack upper
body stamina stay away. You really need two people involved in the whole
process with the manual one if you want to do it efficiently. I expect one
person could go through the motorized ritual just fine.

I did notice that the wooden hopper that you can order as an extra doesn't
work well if you just fill it to the top and turn.--jams up way too often.
Especially if your apples have a flat surface or two from having damage
removed. I'd still buy the hopper again because it helps direct fruit into
the grinder pouring a few at a time. A slow steady feed kept the grinder
going well without jams and also made the turning of the wheel easier--no
stopping to unjam every couple minutes.

Steve H.