nafex - Re: [NAFEX] apple pressing

  • From: road's end farm <organic101@linkny.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] apple pressing
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:32:24 -0400

On Oct 19, 2006, at 7:31 AM, loneroc wrote:

I went the absolutely extravagant
route of paying a grand for the Happy Valley press.

On Oct 20, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Jim Fruth wrote:

Both of my presses have a VERY HANDY feature that I've not seen on any
commercial press. My press has an axle with two wheels and
wheel-barrow-like handles for ease of moving it around.

Keep meaning to post this link when these cider press discussions come through. I've never tried Lehman's presses, but have had other things from them, and the company is reliable. The single tub press at $589 sounds like not much more than some people have probably spent buying garbage disposals and building presses around them. Wheel kits are available for this and for their double tub press.

For those who enjoy building their own, of course, that's another matter. And if some of the materials are around already and don't need to be bought new, it's probably a good deal cheaper.

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp? itemID=4807&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=cider+press