nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Information Gap

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Information Gap
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:45:52 -0500

Hello,

What if you adopt an old dwarfing technique...

Dig an extra large planting hole. At the bottom on the hole place a large, flat paving stone, then plant your tree over the paving stone.

Every year do a root pruning going straight down to the paving stone, all the way around the tree.

This reduces tree vigor, and dwarfs the tree.

If you fail to do the annual root pruning it will return to normal vigor and size.

Later,
Tom