nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Information Gap

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Rootstock Information Gap
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:06:53 -0500

I called Stark and asked what rootstock some "consumer" stuff was on. They connected me to someone who claimed to know, and I have no reason to disbelieve them. My experience is that most nurseries know what their rootstocks are and will tell you if you ask - they have limited real estate on the catalog page, and don't want to clutter it up with technical stuff that might confuse customers. Of course, if you are buying from a retailer who isn't a nursery, your odds are much worse. I doubt the folks at Home Depot know what the tops of the trees are, let alone the bottoms.

Ginda