nafex - Re: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:57:54 -0400

Donna,
I mentioned in my post around the same time that I have seen advertising on
products being sold around here showing a family by the pool without any
protection whatsoever and without any worry in the world, spraying this
stuff as if it was water. In fact, I think the children were the ones
spraying the weeds growing between the stones. Meanwhile, there are
incredible studies conducted about this herbicide.

Since I wrote this to the list, I saw a documentary on Argentina. It is a
study on the health of people in a village surrounded by GMO soya sprayed by
this now infamous herbicide. Everyone is sick practically and the field are
sprayed at night because they are spraying closer to houses than regulations
permit.
To make matters worst, the weeds are now becoming used to Rounduppidoo, so
that other herbicides have to be sprayed as well, AND the people are not
able to grow corn anymore as it is killed by the new herbicide they are
using on the soya, which is the local commercial crop on a very large scale.

The onus is on sick people to demonstrate beyond a doubt what has made them
sick with scientists on the payroll making declarations that the cause to
effect is not demonstrated scientifically.
This is grim.

I know some people feel strongly about this, but this is a threat. I will
say it again in different words this time as I seem to have offended some
people last time, we have the responsability collectively to do something.

Individuals who stand up are being fired and eliminated for being in the way
of so called "progress". Laws are being changed to accommodate this
"progress".

This "progress" is casually and silently leaking in our wells and our
rivers.

If we cannot do much about the big industry, let us at least do something
about it close to home and keep this stuff away for fear that some creepy
molecule might jump out of the can.
Don't buy the stuff, that is the real power we have collectively.

Hélène, north of Ottawa