nafex - Re: [NAFEX] A roundup of weed control alternatives

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] A roundup of weed control alternatives
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:50:01 -0700

Of the Burnout/vinegar type herbicides I've tried, it's a Catch-22. Anything they will totally kill is usually so tender you can scuffle it out with a hoe as fast as you can spray. If it's too thick and deeply rooted to hoe out easily (like clumps of bunch grass), the herbicides will burn the top, but leave the crown intact to sprout back. As for perennial weeds, they just sit and laugh at you and hold their glasses out for a refill.
-Lon Rombough