nafex - RE: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:41:21 -0700

Research has shown that the way Roundup kills amphibians is not via the
active ingredient, but by the surfactants, which are unregistered 'inert'
ingredients designed, as I think all of you know, to help the active
ingredient permeate the weeds.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate