nafex - RE: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] "Roundup" and other -cide effects
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:56:53 GMT

Tanis,
A number of widely used insecticides are estrogen mimics and cause all sorts
of problems with vertebrates as well as the insects that they are supposed to
be targeted to. I think there are a lot more of them around even than the
true hormones.
Muffy Barrett

-- "tanis cuff" wrote:
Last thing I heard was a blaming of medical use of hormones-- human &
animal-- what the body doesn't use, &/or the metabolites (right word?) end
up in waterways. Or hormones plus pesticides, being a powerful double-wammy
for amphibians.

Not counting the loss of quantity and quality of wetlands...