nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple varities

  • From: Charles Paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple varities
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:36:44 -0500

wolf river - bad idea - poor soft quality - only virtue is large - a good
large apple is 20 oz pippen, avail. from worcester county horticultural
society.

arkansas black - bad idea - keeps like rocks and about as edible.

Braeburn - why? - I wasn't aware it had quality.

Gala - great tree but sickeningly sweet - you like really sweet apples?

esop. spitz - good taste but a little dry - better apples exist like
westfield seek-no-further - why not go for the best?

Charlie Paradise Massachusetts