nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries-Fedco

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries-Fedco
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:58:51 -0800 (PST)

For 2 years Fedco is the only place I could find via internet-search which
sells
scionwood in amounts less than 50 in a bundle. This winter I also looked for
some
small amounts of less common rootstocks; Fedco again fit this. There was one
other
nursery which I found, but since I was ordering scion from Fedco I decided to
save
some shipping costs.

--- Heron Breen <> wrote:

> For Clarification:
> Most ie 90% of the seeds bulbs and fruit trees sold by FEDCO are NOT
> organic.
> But, a great percentage of the trees are locally grown by small nurseries.
> Many
> people get confused by the business I am employed by. The Tree dept does
> have
> some organic options available in its perennial section. St. Lawerence
> Nurseries,
> on the other hand, does offer organically grown nursery stock. I am writing
> this
> email not as an employee, but as a factual clarification, which the customer
> service folks at FEDCO make daily.
> I think Edible LAndscaping has great selection and quality, and the folks at
> Nolin River Nut Nursery are very helpful and are doing great work. The
> above-mentioned St. Lawerence N. is doing some very interesting work, and
> Bill is
> very cool.
> There so many good ones out there...
> Heron Breen
> zone 4 maine
>

> On Tue Mar 8 13:21 , mIEKAL aND <> sent:
>
> >FEDCO trees has been left out of the discussion. They have a great
> >selection of material, most of it is organic. Their deadline is this
> >friday for getting orders in. I've ordered a bunch of fruit & nuts
> >from them in the past & been pretty content with what I got. John
> >Bunker I believe is on this list.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!