nafex - [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries

  • From: "Regina Kreger" <regina@kreger.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:55:28 -0500

I don't think anyone's mentioned my two favorites, as far as outrageous apple
selection goes: Vintage Virginia Apples and Big Horse Creek Farm. Hundreds
of varieties each. And good reputations too. I also like Edible
Landscaping, they don't necessarily have a lot of varieties of "major" fruits
like apples, but they've got a good selection of "minor" fruits. Like 16
different persimmons, plus things like pawpaw, medlar, mayhaw, che, etc. And
they're close enough for me to make a day-trip, so is VVA.