nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries

  • From: Heron Breen <breen@fedcoseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:23:54 -0600

For Clarification:
Most ie 90% of the seeds bulbs and fruit trees sold by FEDCO are NOT organic.
But, a great percentage of the trees are locally grown by small nurseries.
Many
people get confused by the business I am employed by. The Tree dept does have
some organic options available in its perennial section. St. Lawerence
Nurseries,
on the other hand, does offer organically grown nursery stock. I am writing
this
email not as an employee, but as a factual clarification, which the customer
service folks at FEDCO make daily.
I think Edible LAndscaping has great selection and quality, and the folks at
Nolin River Nut Nursery are very helpful and are doing great work. The
above-mentioned St. Lawerence N. is doing some very interesting work, and
Bill is
very cool.
There so many good ones out there...
Heron Breen