nafex - [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:31:53 -0500

As a new kid on the list, I have a few Canadian nurseries that I'd like to mention. Siloam Orchards and Woodwinds Nursery, in Ontario, and Appleluscious and Denman Island Heritage Trees, in BC, are all great for apples and some pears. Grimo Nuts is the best source for nuts. If you're into herbs - Richters Herbs is world class. Otherwise, you're looking at local nurseries, our Clonal Gene Bank and trading. Oh yes, we've bought grapes from Bert Dunn, north of Toronto. He has a great selection. I'd love to hear about other Canadian nurseries for heritage apples, and a source for finding medlars in Canada.

Biz Storms,
Toronto / Creemore, Ontario, Zone 5