nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:35:15 -0800 (PST)

Little late on this thread, sorry.

Burnt Ridge has been my favorite for the last three
years, but I'm a little unhappy this year; my order
still isn't here, and they didn't respond to my phone
calls until I got quite testy. Some of their plants
are considerably smaller than the Raintree ones.

Raintree (WA) and One Green World (OR) are wonderful.
Raintree in particular has wonderful customer service.
Trees of Antiquity also was very helpful, they were
great on the phone discussing what they had in stock
that might work for me. I've only ordered from them
once, it was an expensive but amazing tree.

This year I ordered 5 or 6 items from Sandy Bar (CA)
and 4 from Bay Laurel (end of season sale :-) (CA),
and am very happy with what I got.

And my native plum and boysenberry from Gurney's are
even doing well...

Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!