nafex - [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries

  • From: Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Favorite Nurseries
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 06:34:22 -0600

Stephen Sadler wrote:

What are your favorite nurseries for fruits and berries? I've been fond
of
Raintree for adding 1 to 3 fruits at a time, but when I figure in W and w,
the cost is a bit much.

I agree. I took one look at Raintree's prices and never opened their
catalogs again. They appear to have nice stuff but I don't know if "nice"
warrants the additional dollars. Comments anyone?
For berry plants, most of mine came from Indiana Berry with a few items
from Hartmann's. I like FEDCO, and our own Bob Purvis, for fruit trees. I
like Stark's stuff but don't buy from them because they rarely list
recommended hardiness zones. Most of my apples and plums came from the
former Bear Creek Nursery plus some from local nursery lots. I had really
good luck with Oregon Exotics and wish they were still in business or that
someone would pick up where they left off.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN