nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit drip irrigation

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit drip irrigation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:36:19 -0500

Hello,

Is your drip irrigation system simple? Could anyone build it?

Thanks,
Tom

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:48:06 -0800, Stephen Sadler <Docshiva@Docshiva.org> wrote:

My biggest problem with containers was always maintaining adequate moisture;
a drip irrigation system was essential, with seasonal changes to the
programmed watering, and one extra watering on windy days. I had a balcony
of potted plants at a home I had rented, and lost most of them when, it
turns out, the landlord came over and broke the drip system timer.

Also, fertilizer needs are different. I preferred rich organic compost and
other organic means, both for the organic-purist reason and that it was
difficult to either over- or under-fertilize with those.

~ Stephen