nafex - RE: [NAFEX] potted fruit drip irrigation

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] potted fruit drip irrigation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:55:18 -0800

Yes, it was simple. I bought a drip timer that connected to an outdoor
faucet. It fed the drip line. I just purchased the amount of line I needed
and enough emitters for my containers, and set it up. Took less than an
hour. This was for a dozen or so plants on a deck.

I had a timed sprinkler system for my garden and orchard. I wouldn't have
used a drip system, as I tilled my green waste into each section of raised
bed after harvest. For that big garden, a few Rainbird sprinklers were much
cheaper and easier.

My greenhouse had self-watering containers and flats.

All that's past-tense, as a few years have passed since I was in a place I
could garden. We just bought a new house, although we don't have the kind
of land of that garden, we have a nice-sized lot and room to plant many
things, so I'm starting again from scratch. Right now I have a juice
orange, Kaffir lime, Ice cream banana and foliage/berry plants.

End of digression....

~ S
CA central valley, Z9