nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit culture basics

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit culture basics
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:15:27 -0600

Right Stephen - I use compost mixed with perlite and sand for good drainage
for the citrus and less sand and perlite with other things. Water retention
is good, but drying out on a hot windy day in summer a problem - 2 waterings
needed. Drip system was wonderful until some creature chewed thru the
spaghetti hoses and I didn't notice till wilting had begun.
Hector Black zone 6 PS I'm experimenting with keeping a couple of hardy
oranges in the garage with hardly any light. They usually froze back
outdoors here (it's a USDA selection) but they look good so far.