nafex - Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit culture basics

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] potted fruit culture basics
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:27:36 -0500

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:40:22 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good website for basic
>"container gardening"? I can see some advantages to
>potted fruit culture, but one could destroy a lot of
>plants in learning about the challenges. That wheel
>has already been invented; can someone post where to
>find a good instruction guide?

How about a really terrific book?

Here's my review of 'Bountiful Container', which is a
wonderful book on edible container gardening.

http://www.containerseeds.com/bookstore/bountiful.html

I just cannot say enough good things about this book and, to
the best of my knowledge, it is the *only* really useful
book devoted to edible container gardening. (The majority
of which is done outdoors, of course.)

The authors do cover citrus trees in the "Fruit" section -
four full pages and quite detailed directions. They picture
the trees being outside in summer, and brought inside in
winter in northern areas.

Cheers,
Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.