nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pine nuts and Paw-Paw seeds

  • From: "loneroc" <loneroc@mwt.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pine nuts and Paw-Paw seeds
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:25:39 -0600

I have 5 Swiss Stone Pines that are in the 10-12 foot range. I get some
cone production, but have yet to find a seed that wasn't a blank. Will this
problem "cure" itself in time? I thought perhaps that my trees were too
similar genetically and might not be suitable for pollinizing each other. I
purchased them B&B from a Minnsesota nursery about 10 years ago, all at the
same time.

Steve herje, Lone Rock, WI USDA zone 3